I went to Paris over the weekend to visit my friend Lesley who is studying abroad there. I was kind of nervous about traveling by myself but it ended up being really easy. The day that I got there (Friday) it was actually the best weather they have had there yet - I think about 60 degrees. The next day it was cloudy and rained a little but it was still nice. I ate a total of 3 goat cheese salads when I was there and each one was delicious. We went to an area called the Marais which is like smaller streets with shops and restaurants serving Falafel and then went to an amazing chocolate/pastry store where I got a caramel macaroon. It was amazing. I am not sure if they have them in Rome but I am going to check. Then we went to Notre Dame cathedral, walked along the Seine, and got ice cream. The next day we walked over to the Eiffel Tower and then over to Sacre Coeur, which I had never seen before and it was so pretty. Lesley told me that from the distance, Sacre Coeur looks like whipped cream on the skyline. We went to the Tuileries, as well, where I had a nutella crepe but then it started to rain so we headed back to Lesley's apartment.
Paris is much more expensive than Rome - a cappucino there costs about 4 euro and in Rome it is only 1. Also I felt as though Paris had a much more metropolitan and urbanized feeling to it. The streets were a lot bigger and everything seemed so fast paced. It made me realize that I appreciate how everyone in Rome is so relaxed and how I can walk into certain areas and forget that I am in a huge city.


No comments:
Post a Comment